About Alex Mouncer
Alex Mouncer is a full-stack web developer from England.
Able to design and build websites and web apps for any device.
Experienced Laravel/MySQL developer, skills in Ruby on Rails/MongoDB
About this website
This website is an example of how I can build a website.
- HTML5, PHP5.3, CSS3.
- Layout is responsive, designed from mobile out, and in this case without the use of media queries.
- Compatible with all web browsers.
- CSS and HTML is valid to W3C standards.
- Fonts used are: Arial Mono for the logo and any code. Arial for the header and footer. And DroidSans and DroidSerif for everything else.
- Only three actual images (including the favicon) are used for the layout.
- Background image for the header and navigation links is from a photograph of the Greek island of Milos. Photoshop was used briefly to crop the image to size and then to save using its optimise for web feature.
- The other background image file in the layout is a free tiling image from SubtlePatterns. "Green Cup".
- My own custom MVC OOP framework, which is optimised for performance and a minimal amount of code.
- The SEO is good.
- Vim to edit all text.
- Git for source control and the source code is hosted on Gitlab.
- This website lives on a dedicated server, with Apache serving the pages from a ramdisk. The server OS is Debian Linux.